Bluestones staffing is exclusively working with a leading Accountancy firm in Manchester to obtain a HR Director.
The HR director has ultimate responsibility for all people based activity within an organisation from both an operational and strategic perspective. The HR director will be involved in many areas, such as: resource planning and recruitment; training; managing a variety of ER issues at any one time and being the first point of contact for all employee related issues which may be at a national, international or geographic region (e.g. Pan-European).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as the face of HR for the company
- Responsible for senior level decision making and both day to day management and strategic direction of the organisation
- Develop and implement an annual agenda for HR strategy in line with the business plan.
- Ensure HR plans support the needs of the business but are also flexible enough to cope with changes in the organisation, as and when they occur
- Provide information and reports on data such as staff turnover, references, cost per hire, training hours per person, etc.
- Provide advice on and administer maternity and paternity leave cases.
- Responsible for resource planning for maternity re-joiners
- Conduct training needs analysis and designs and implement a training plan with input from business heads and markets. Manage costs to budget.
- Ensure all staff receive appraisals in accordance with company policy and monitor probationary periods
- Standardise HR policies, processes and procedures across all international offices
- Co-ordinate recruitment throughout the company through management of a recruitment team/HR team. Build relationships with recruiters, draft briefs, set up interviews where necessary.
- Interview senior hires when necessary
- Ensure all Job Descriptions are kept up to date, create new JDs as and when necessary
- Deal with any performance or grievance issues in a legally compliant and professional way
- Monitor sickness absence.
- Ensure all policies and procedures are up to date and legally compliant.
- Provide day to day advice to line managers on all human resource issues: management of staff, remuneration, etc.
- Review all staff salaries and make recommendations for pay rises in consultation with dept heads. Implement any increases and promotions.
- Maintain a succession plan for all departments
- Involvement in all redundancy consultations
- Ensure payroll is completed accurately and to deadline
Conduct occupational health referrals and providing pastoral support and advice to employees
- Pension scheme administration
- Manage Salary Sacrifice arrangements (childcare vouchers, cycle to work, pensions etc)
- Coordinate and manage other employee benefits (Critical Illness, Death in Service, Travel Insurance) – relationship, renewal, administration, record keeping
The role requires a degree in Human Resources, Business, or related field and Chartered Membership of the CIPD. The successful candidate will have experience in a similar role, with international HR experience and demonstrate a broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, organisation development, employee relations. You should also demonstrate your ability to serve as a successful participant at board level, have good commercial acumen and ability to contribute to the overall leadership and direction of the organisation.
For a full JD please contact Debbie on firstname.lastname@example.org
BSNI is acting as a Recruitment agency