Our client, a leading manufacturer based in Swinton Manchester are currently seeking an experienced facilities maintenance engineer.
The Facilities Technical Support will work as part of the Engineering team to support the Site Facilities Engineer in managing the facilities and services across both manufacturing plants. You will provide assistance to ensure that key equipment is maintained and operated to high standards, including the effective control of contractors on site. You will also be responsible for the monitoring, recording and reporting of all utilities consumption data, identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
Daily monitoring of key facilities plant and equipment to ensure effective operation and timely response to issues. This will encompass plant equipment such as Steam Boilers, Air Compressors, Water Treatment Plants, Borehole Pumping Stations and Electrical Switch Rooms.
Facilitate the requirements of maintenance contracts with associated contractors and suppliers for site services plant and equipment. Planning and scheduling of contractor visits, ensuring that all precautions are taken to protect persons and plant in accordance with safety rules and relevant permit requirements.
Respond to maintenance requests and issues relating to building services and infrastructure such as washrooms, boilers, roller shutter doors, fire and intruder alarms, roofs, doors, floors etc.
The selection of suitable contractors where required to undertake repairs and refurbishment.
Maintain energy and services usage records for internal and external reporting.
Undertake daily, weekly and monthly monitoring as required with the analysis of key data.
Liaison with utility providers for inspection and verification of supplies.
Ensure that records are consistently updated following new installations or any changes are made.
Drawings and plant inventory lists to be maintained to latest issue.
Work towards the departmental objectives, targets and initiatives that identified for the site.
Deliver accurate and reliable information as requested for capital and revenue expenditure projects.
Maintain close liaison with the Site Facilities Engineer, keeping him informed of any issues affecting the site facilities or services.
Any other duties within the post holder’s competence as requested.
· HND in Engineering
· Significant experience in a maintenance role within a heavy plant industry
· Operation of Steam Boiler systems and associated equipment
· Hands on approach to problem solving
· Experience of using MS Office; Word, Excel, and Outlook
Skills & Knowledge
· Basic Working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and civil engineering
· Knowledge of H&S requirements and insurance inspection requirements
· Good fault finding/diagnostic skills
· Contractor liaison and supervision
· Ability to establish good working relations at all levels
· Self-motivated with the ability to use their own initiative, prioritise tasks and work well under pressure
· Methodical with a strong attention to detail and focus on accuracy of data
· Professional approach to work and when dealing with internal and external customers
· A team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopting a flexible and positive approach
· The role holder must have the ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills in a fast paced, pressurized and challenging environment
· Committed to the Company’s core values of Customer First, Integrity, Accountability, Innovation, Personal Development and Teamwork
· Degree in Engineering
· BG01 Boiler Operator Training
· BOAS Boiler Operator Accreditation Scheme
· Experience in site services/facilities
· Experience of Automatic Meter Reading systems
· Operation of Water Treatment Plants and associated equipment
· 37 hours per week (9am -5pm) Mon-Fri, but may include weekends where required.
Bluestones Staffing are acting as a recruitment agency