Bluestones Staffing NI
Bluestones staffing is working with Antrim Banbridge and Craigavon Council require an Information service assistant.
Hours of work:
09:00am to 17:30pm
Civic Centre (Armagh, Banbridge and Craigavon )
9 months with Possible extension
Hourly Rate: £17.67
1. Assist with compiling and prepare financial accounting information including the preparation and completion of schedules and reconciliations for inclusion as part of the annual Abstract of Accounts in line with the Statement of Recommended Practice guidelines and within the deadlines set out in legislation.
2. Responsibility for the management and updating of the fixed asset system and the preparation of information and input into financial accounting notes and statements.
3. Maintain management accounting systems and ensure compliance with month end/year end routines in accordance with strict accounting deadlines, including posting journals and maintaining accurate records to support these.
4. Assist in the preparation of the monthly management accounts including development of reports and carrying out variance analysis.
5. Supervision of staff within the Creditors and Debtors teams and engaging with othermanagers across the Council.
6. Assist with compilation and preparation of financial accounting information includingthe preparation and completion of schedules and reconciliations for inclusion in theannual Abstract of Accounts in line with the Statement of Recommended Practiceguidelines and within the deadlines set out in legislation.
7. Assist with bank account reconciliations – revenue, wages and petty cash accounts,including processing transfers on the electronic banking system to ensure the Councilsbank accounts agree with the reconciliations.
8. Operation of the Cash Management system: including ensuring the efficient processing of income, coding input into finance system.
9. Assist with the Treasury Management function including managing borrowings,investments and the production of reports to Committees and Council as required.
10. Liaise with Local Government Auditors regarding the provision of information regarding the Year-end Accounts.
11. Support the Finance team regarding identifying, extracting and collating robust and accurate information for inclusion in the annual accounts in a timely manner.
12. Provide support within the Finance section regarding Council procedures and undertake financial analysis exercises as necessary in respect of creditors, debtors,banking and income.
13. Assist with the review of the coding and authorisation of payments on the computerised financial system to ensure adherence to proper financial procedures.
14. The provision of business support to Directorates and Departments and assisting with economic appraisals and service reviews.
15. Support the transformation and efficiency processes within the Council.
16. Assist, as necessary, with statistical and statutory financial returns
.17. Undertake the preparation and provision of various ad-hoc financial management reports.
18. Work closely with finance staff and budget holders regarding the coding structure, including creating new and deactivating existing codes.
19. Undertake any other relevant duties that may be required and are commensurate with the nature and grade of the post.
For further information please contact Tina 0n 02895219313 or email a cv to firstname.lastname@example.org
BSNI is acting as a recruitment business