Bluestones staffing is working with a leading distribution company based in Amesbury. Due to recently bringing all Distribution in house they require an experienced Transport Supervisor for their night shift division.
Position: Night Shift Transport Supervisor
Hours of work: 38.61 hours per week, 4 day on 4 days off 12 hour shifts
(7pm – 7am)
Salary: £33,000 – £36,000 plus nightshift bonus of £2k.
The transport supervisor function ensure the transport operations and warehouse are managed to a high degree of competency to ensure that the business is served with the right goods, at all the right time, at the right place, at the right cost. Essentially the transportation supervisor deals with a high volume of work within strict time frames. They are able to fully manage a busy supply chain that supports the stores across the UK.
Knowledge, Training and Experience Required
- Experience in a Transport Supervisory role
- Management CPC – essential
- Knowledge of the logistics sector
- Excellent Legislation knowedge
- Experience of working within a fast paced environment
- Experience of dealing with a wide range of driver and vehicle issues
Required Skills and Competencies
- CPC qualified
- Attention to detail and accuracy is essential in this role across all tasks
- Ability to competently and professionally deal with all identified and reported legal issues
- Ability to supervisor Transport Clerks to ensure completion of tasks to the standard required.
- Successfully navigate word, excel, access database and documents
- Maintain a disciplined and logical approach to tasks
- Working with the admin team to ensure documents are correct
- Working with the transport team to ensure all deliveries are met
Main Objectives and Responsibilities.
- Ensure the transport operation are carried out at all times within the legal framework
- ensure all health and safety requirements are adhered to
- Manage the transport operations at all times to keep within budgetary limits
- Book Northern Ireland Slots on the ferry, manage online systems for the ferries
- Ensure any Tachograph infringements are dealt with in a timely manner and drivers instructed on remedial action.
For a copy of the full JD please contact Debbie via email or 02895219313.
BSNI is acting as a recruitment agency