We are delighted to announce that we have 2 new roles available with a leading distribution client based in Amesbury, Wiltshire.
With 115 HGV trailers currently onsite we are now recruiting for two experienced Vehicle Maintenance Technicians to be based at our onsite maintenance workshop.
Looking to the future, we have plans to build a large Vehicle Maintenance Workshop to support a growing fleet as our client opens more stores in the South.
Vehicle Maintenance Technicians:-
- Carry out preventative vehicle maintenance and servicing
- MOT preparation and repairs to a high standard
- Inspect vehicle engine and mechanical/electrical components to diagnose issues accurately
- Using computer-based diagnostic equipment
- Repair or replace broken or defective parts and resolve defects
- Road test vehicles to check repairs
- Maintain VMU equipment and working areas to a good, clean condition
- Use hand tools and general garage equipment
- Tail Lift maintenance and vehicle body work repairs, fabrication and basic welding processes
- Complete administrative tasks and reports as requested
Minimum Criteria To Apply
- Min 3 years’ proven experience as a Vehicle Technician with trailer maintenance experience
- Level 2 City & Guilds or BTECH National in HGV Motor Vehicle Engineering or equivalent UK recognised qualification
- UK Driving licence (HGV category an advantage)
- Experience in fault diagnostic equipment, e.g. Tech tool, STAR and JAL and including trailer systems
- A desire for delivering the highest possible standards of work with respect to quality and compliance
- Must own standard tools – more specific tools will be provided
- IRTEC inspection licence along with any tail lift inspection certification
- Main dealership experience
- Tail lift experience
- £33,866 per annum
- 4 on 4 off shift pattern, working an average 39 hours per week, from 6am – 6pm and 7am – 7pm
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years’ service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- Subsidised canteen
- 10% in store discount
For further information please contact Debbie on 02895219313 or email cv via link below.
BSNI is acting as a recruitment agency.