Bluestones staffing is working with a Global organisation in Newtownabbey to recruit an experienced Operations Manager.
Salary: £40 – £55k depending on experience
If you are looking to work with a global organisation who has excellent structures and procedures in place to ensure you have all the tools to do your job.
- A minimum of 5 years experience at senior level management
- A minimum 2:1 Mechanical Engineer Degree or Equivalent
- Strong leadership skills in a highly engineering environment
- In-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and engineering disciplines
- Lean certification or Six Sigma background (Black/Green Belt)
- Proven track record in delivering continuous improvement projects
- Experience working within a highly automated manufacturing environment with a proven track record in delivering continuous improvements.
- Formulate and deliver projects to improve overall efficiency/OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness) and promote continuous improvement and lean manufacturing in all aspects or operations.
- Monitor and analyse departmental data, KPI’s and costs. Report findings to the management team, and work with champions to implement and drive key improvement activities and reduce associated manufacturing costs in timely and planned manner.
- Manage factory facilities (such as energy consumption, or compressors).
- Identify and develop processes to help in the reduction of waste
- To introduce and new and existing plant technology
- Lead special projects as required, which may cover technical advances and capability studies
- Use Lean principles to analyse specific problems and create action plans for cross functional teams
- Identify root causes of issues and provide technical advice and direction to the production team
- To deliver manufacturing costs in line with budget targets.
For further information please contact Debbie on 02895219313 for a confidential conversation.