Bluestones staffing is working with Lisburn and Castlereagh Council for an Environmental Health Officer.
Location: Lagan Valley Island
Duration: Until March 2021
Salary: £32,910 – £35,745
The provision of an efficient, effective, economical and equitable Environmental Health Service to fulfil the Councils statutory duties regarding the enforcement and administration of Environmental Health and allied legislation.
- To carry out the full range of enforcement, investigative, educational, promotional, consultative and advisory duties associated with the responsibilities of the Environmental Services Department in accordance with any departmental work programmes which exist as required by the Environmental Health Managers.
- To act in the absence of the Environmental Health Manager as necessary and to deputise as directed.
- To provide information and assistance to members of the public, elected representatives and various statutory and non-statutory bodies. Participate in partnerships at a local and regional level aimed at tackling health inequalities and improving health and well-being within the community.
- In conjunction with the EHM determine the most appropriate course of legal or non-statutory action in line with the enforcement policy and to make recommendations as necessary. Prepare and serve legal notices, present prosecution cases and attend Court/other hearings/public enquiries/appeals as required.
- Develop guidance and written procedures to achieve continuous improvement in the quality of service. Contribute to the delivery of the unit business plan, and assist in the preparation of reports and recommendations for presentation to Council.
- Prioritise daily work demands to ensure that all relevant agreed targets are achieved to ensure that a quality, customer focused environmental health service is delivered. To carry out duties outside normal working hours as are necessary for the satisfactory efficient delivery of the Environmental Health Service, in accordance with an agreed policy on Lone Working.
- To deal with hostile and confrontational situations, including the diffusion of same on a professional basis using a range of communication skills.
- To undertake such training as required (including essential CPD training) in order to maintain up-to-date knowledge of professional, technical and legislative development across the range of Environmental Health disciplines as well as in relation to departmental and Council wide policies and procedures. To participate in the training of existing staff, new staff, BSc (Environmental Health) degree students and other persons assigned for training or work experience.
- Ensure compliance with Council policies and procedures and operate within the highest standard of management and personal behaviour which reflect the core value and behaviour of the Council.
For a Full JD please contact Debbie on 02895219313
BSNI is acting as a Recruitment Business