Bluestones staffing is working with Lisburn and Castlereagh Council to obtain a Digital Communications Officer.
Working within the Finance and Corporate Services in Lagan Valley Island.
Position: Digital Communications Officer
Scale: £31,346 – £33,782
Hours: 37 per week
Duration: Maternity cover
Key purpose of the job:
The digital communications officer will work in the Corporate communications team. You will be responsible for the management of digital activity, development of engaging digital content including video, the monitoring and analysis of social media activity both internally and externally, promotion of the council through digital communications utilizing the website, intranet and social media platforms.
The post holder will be required to carry out some evening and weekend work in line with the job requirements:
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Head of Service to develop digital communications strategy and policies for the council, across council departments, to support the aims and objectives of the council.
- Create and implement digital campaign, developing engaging content and coordinating day to day activities across a range of online platforms.
- Provide and deliver training and support in relation to effective digital communications.
- Manage the councils presence on council-owned social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and other similar sites, posting on relevant blogs.
- Monitor and measure the impact of social media programmes and analyse, review and report on the effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximise results.
- Develop relationships with external partners to develop joined up campaigns where appropriate and build online audiences.
- Any other duties as required.
- A third level qualification or equivalent
- A min of 3 years experience in digital communications to include:
- Digital communications strategy, development, delivery, analysis
- Experience in web analytics and reporting
- Management of social media channels
- Delivering training and support for digital communications / social media
- Experience in data capture and the creation of targets ezines
- Experience in busy PR or Marketing Environment
For a full JD please contact Debbie on 02895219313.
BSNI is acting as a recruitment business