Bluestones staffing is working with a leading distribution client in Duncrue. Due to continued success they have an immediate start for an experience transport planner.
• Planning of daily collections and processing via in house Velocity system.
• Allocation of vehicles to the loads as booked by the customer, bearing in mind aspects of cost, customer service, tachograph regulations and equipment availability.
• Bookings of boats, bearing in mind aspects such as cost and customer service.
• Regular tracking of vehicles and equipment.
• Keeping customers and drivers informed of progress of transport delays and any other changes.
• Shipping booking confirmation.
Previous Transport Planning Experience
Sound geographical knowledge of UK and Ireland
Experience in dealing with customers and drivers (hauliers)
Knowledge of windows based software especially Excel
Attention to detail with particular reference to data input
Available to work 12 hour shifts on a rotation including weekends
Awareness of vehicle safety legislation; drivers’ hours and tachographs