Job Title: Operations Manager
Reports To: Head of Retail
Salary: £35,000 – 40,000 OTE (depending on experience)
Hours: 45 Hours per week
Contract: Permanent / Full-time
Location: Duncrue Crescent, Belfast
On behalf of our client, a leading furniture retailer, we are currently recruiting for an experienced distribution operations manager seeking to work in a fun, challenging and rewarding environment where everyone works together as one team.
We are seeking an inspirational individual to lead, manage and develop the Operations, Distribution and Home Delivery Team. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to develop the home delivery and warehousing functions, improve productivity, performance and efficiency in all areas in a business where customer experience is critical.
As Operations Manager, your responsibilities will include the following:
– Building the team’s capability and actively supporting individual personal development.
– Collaborating and working to deliver product and improve service to Delight our Customers.
– Managing Operations related customer feedback, data and insight to inform and influence brand service and customer experience initiatives.
– Leading for standard operating practices, policy, procedure and compliance and developing guidelines, tools and resources to drive operational consistency and efficiency.
– Financial responsibility for budgets. Managing payroll, logistics and waste costs, third party service providers and contract delivery.
– Maintain an efficient warehouse, introducing policies & procedures to automate processes and provide structure to the working environment.
– Monitor efficiencies of the distribution function, making changes to schedules and resources where necessary. Ensure delivery vehicles are maintained and drivers’ hours are managed within current regulations.
– Maintain the working environment in line with Health & Safety Legislation.
To apply for this role you will have:
-Previous experience managing Operations, Warehouse and Distribution functions
-Fundamental understanding of retail and supply chain
-Sound commercial acumen
5+ years people management experience
Experience of using key KPIs as a leadership tool.
Good administration and IT skills.
Experienced in transport regulations relating to 7.5T vehicles and drivers
– Previous experience in the furniture industry.
– Previous experience in a multi-drop home delivery environment.
– Working knowledge of vehicle routing software.
The salary and OTE are extremely competitive and there are a host of other benefits including, generous staff discount scheme, life assurance, length of service awards, pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and enhanced annual leave.
Bluestones Staffing are acting as a recruitment agency