Bluestones Staffing is working with a leading Manufacturing client in Swinton / Manchester.
We are recruiting for Metallurgist / Process Engineer if you are looking for a new and exciting role with a company that is growing and has great advancement opportunities then this could be the role for you.
You will work primarily within a small specialised team that manufacture, design and develop new, award winning, magnesium alloys used for bioresorbable implants (SynerMag). The market is growing rapidly for this novel technology and new processes are required to ensure volume, cost and quality requirements are met for customer programmes. Your role will be to support the Sector Manager to develop and implement new processes for the SynerMag manufacturing facility. This role requires a strong metallurgical background, understanding how the manufacturing process can influence product performance. Quality and cost are a key requirement. As the SynerMag Process engineer, you will be the Sector Managers’s eyes and ears to the manufacturing processes. You will be tasked to discover and define areas with potential improvement and have the freedom to recommend, design and create new processes to ensure the operational objectives are met.
The SynerMag team is a small multi-functional team; therefore you will be working closing with all its members ranging from commercial, manufacturing, quality and alloy development. You will also be required to carry out process improvement programmes in the larger business programmes which include Formula 1, aerospace and oil & gas.
- You will be the Manufacturing team’s technical advisory for any issues and problems.
- Fully responsible for understanding how the manufacturing process affects product performance and quality. Ensuring all process changes continue to meet quality objectives.
- Fully responsible for recommending new process designs and modifications to improve product quality and manufacturing costs.
- Work with Engineering team to design and specify new capital equipment for these new processes
- Work with Engineering team to install new Capital equipment
- Work with Alloy development metallurgist to industrialise new alloys, bringing them from lab to commercial scale.
- Work with operations team to improve product and process in any of the company’s other product range as required.
- Degree level qualification in Materials or metallurgy.
- Degree level qualification in science discipline with MSc/Phd in a metals/materials related area.
- Writing up and reporting technical documents
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate attention to detail and accuracy in written communications
Skills and Knowledge
- Excellent scientific method
- Ability to plan experiments and form rational technical arguments
- Be able to independently gather/research new knowledge to solve problems
- Self-motivated with ability to use own initiative, prioritise tasks and work well under pressure.
- Must be able to work well with a wide range of people.
- Creative mind – good problem solving
- Adaptability, understanding sources of different information from a range of engineering/science areas
- High level of attention to detail.
- Professional approach to work and when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Team player who demonstrates a high level of commitment, adopts a flexible and positive approach.
- The role holder must have the ability to work unsupervised with good time management skills in order to meet tight deadlines.
- Is committed to Customer Focus, Personal Growth, Excellence, Accountability and Innovation; the Company’s core values
Hours of work:
- 37 hours per week
For further information please contact Debbie or Kieran on 02895219313 or email cv.
Bluestones staffing is acting as a Recruitment Business