Bluestones staffing has an immediate start for the right candidate within the Lisburn and Castlereagh council.
Position: Programmes Officer
Duration: Temporary ongoing
As a member of the Economic Development Team the post holder will be required to secure Government and EU funding for the economic development programmes within the council area.
The post holder will also be responsible to assist the Programme Manager to manage the implement the Rural Development Strategy and action plan across the areas.
- To assist the programmes manager to apply for and secure government development programmes within the council area. To assist in the management and implementation of secured Government and EU funded economic development programmes and the NI rural development programme 2014 – 2020.
- To assist in the marketing and promotion of both National and EU funded economic development programmes and the Rural Development Strategy.
- To provide assistance and advice for prospective applicants under any relevant Council led Government & EU Funded programme and the NI Rural Development Programme 2014 – 2020.
- To undertake economic appraisals of project applications requesting grant expenditure.
- To undertake research to inform the development of projects and programmes of work.
- To represent the council, development committee or local action group at external groups, agencies and networks.
- Third level qualification, HNC, HND, NVQ Level 4, a degree or equivalent.
- 3 years employment experience within the following areas:
- Assisting in the delivery of local economic development programmes or rural development involving Government or EU funding.
- Completing economic appraisals for projects requesting grant of up to £250,00
- Project assessment of projects requesting grant of up to £250,000.
- A clear understanding of the workings of local government and wider environment and political context in which it operates.
For full JD please contact Debbie on 02895219313 or email your cv via the link below:
BSNI is acting as a recruitment agency.